On average, heating and cooling systems account for 43% of a home's energy use. Though turning off lights in empty rooms and configuring computer idle-time settings will help lower your utility bill, huge monthly savings can be realized by keeping HVAC systems running at peak efficiency.
What You Can Do
There are many low or no-cost things you can do to reduce your heating and cooling costs.
- Seal up doors and windows where they don't close tightly.
- Change filters as recommended by equipment manufacturers (clogged filters make units work harder).
- Adjust thermostat during hours when no one is home or everyone is sleeping.
- Look into local utility's energy savings programs. Many service providers offer discounts when you minimize your usage during their peak usage times.
- These life-style type changes can seem daunting at first, but should become routine after you've done them for a few months. There are many products, such as programable thermostats, that can help. Be sure to ask your technician about them next time you have your units serviced.
What HVAC Doctors Can Do
Our certified technicians undergo constant training to keep their knowledge of today's sophisticated HVAC systems up-to-date. They're always learning new ways to improve the efficiency of these units because we're all interested in reducing our use of increasing costly energy resources. From fine-tuning the electronic settings and fluid levels in your units to performing system-wide inspections, they're goal is to find ways to help you save money in the operation of your heating and cooling system while maintaining the ideal interior environment in your home.
We want you to be comfortable in your home and in your wallet.
Click here to request a free price quote today.
HVAC Doctors technicians will gladly:
- Help you set up your own maintenance schedule.
- Provide advice and guidance on when and how to adjust your thermostat settings for increased efficiency.
- Recommend local utility programs that may save you on your monthly bill, based on your usage needs.
- Set up a low-cost professional maintenance schedule to keep your units running at peak efficiency and extend their service lives.
- Make recommendations for other equipment enhancements, based on your lifestyle and environmental control needs.
Heating and air conditioning is one of the most esential and expensive investments in your property. Great systems can substantially increase the over all value of your home. And, conversely, outdated or inefficient systems can dramatically reduce your property's value -- not to mention adding unnecesary costs to your montly utility bills. So, when it's time to replace your equipment, you need to make your selection with great care. HVAC Doctors technicians will work with you and your insurance or warranty company to determine your best options -- based on your short and long term needs. They'll get your system up and running again as quickly as possible.
Heating and air conditioning systems maintained by HVAC Doctors technicians operate more efficiently, consume less energy and have less down time. Energy savings also represent a smaller carbon footprint and contribute to the preservation of our precious energy resources and fragile environment.
Request a free price quote today.
Add A Comment